The American Revolution: http://schwartensushistlessons.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-american-revolution.html
The Purpose of Government: http://schwartensushistlessons.blogspot.com/2014/10/what-is-purpose-of-government.html
Triangular Trade: http://schwartensushistlessons.blogspot.com/2014/10/triangular-trade.html
Declaration of Independence: http://schwartensushistlessons.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-declaration-of-independence.html
8th Grade Political Principles: (within the system, outside the system, etc) http://schwartensushistlessons.blogspot.com/2014/10/8th-grade-political-principles.html
The Enlightenment: http://schwartensushistlessons.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-enlightenment.html
The Road to Revolution Gallery Walk: http://schwartensushistlessons.blogspot.com/2014/09/road-to-revolution-gallery-walk.html
French and Indian War: http://schwartensushistlessons.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-french-and-indian-war.html
George Washington French and Indian War: http://schwartensushistlessons.blogspot.com/2014/09/george-washington-french-and-indian-war.html
The 13 Colonies: http://schwartensushistlessons.blogspot.com/2014/09/13-colonies-ppt-to-study-for-your-quiz.html
Map of the 13 Colonies: http://schwartensushistlessons.blogspot.com/2014/09/13-colonies-interactive-map.html
Colonial Fashion: (don't spend to much time studying this.)
Monday, October 27, 2014
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
So there is hope after all! Usually there are videos like these of people who just can't answer a simple question about their history or their government. Today I found one of people discussing what the purpose of government really is supposed to be. Each person has their own version of what the government should be doing and hearing these interpretations is very interesting.
Posted by ImperialCancer at 8:56 AM
Monday, October 20, 2014
Monday, October 13, 2014
It's to late to apologize!
Posted by ImperialCancer at 9:01 AM
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Friday, October 3, 2014
1. When did the Enlightenment take place?
2. What does the word enlightenment mean?
3. What does the word reason mean?
4. Name three academic areas that were inspired during this time period.
5. What did Bacon Believe?
6. Name the three basic principles that Bacon based his studies on.
7. What did Descartes believe was needed for humanity to advance?
8. What was the Scientific Method?
9. How long had Jamestown and Plymouth existed when Newton was born?
10. When did the English Civil War take place?
11. Why did Newton leave the city and go into the countryside to work?
12. What kind of mathematics did Newton invent?
13. What was Newton inspired when the apple fell from the tree?
14. What other sciences grew during this period?
15. What tool helped biology grow?
16. What did Hooke discover?
17. What did William Harvey discover?
18. What did Linnaeus create during this period?
19. What were natural philosophers?
20. What is a philosopher?
21. What did John Locke mean when he said the consent of the governed?
22. What were John Locke’s 3 basic rights?
23. What other 4 rights did Locke also talk about in his paper?
24. What did Voltaire say was most important?
25. What did Montesquieu say was important about government?
26. What two documents were inspired by the ideas of The Enlightenment?
Posted by ImperialCancer at 7:45 AM