Design a Textbook Page Rubric
1. The fact that you are renowned as a historical scholar has lead a publisher to seek you to write a one page article regarding how social class affected women during the early America period. You are excited because you have seen how textbooks can be misused, can be difficult to read, and can gloss over important issues. You set to work to create the best article that has ever graced the page.
2. Unpack the prompt and use generalizations to create a 3 pronged thesis:
a. Compare and contrast how women of different social classes are influenced by their life experiences in the period of the Early Nation and determine the consequences (+/-) this had on relations between the sexes, the rights and responsibilities of individuals, and American Culture/Values.
3. Organize your selected evidence to support your supporting arguments and use the documents, the data, and quotes.
4. The articles has to have an introduction, a thesis, a counter claim, 3 distinct arguments, evidence, and a conclusion.
5. Reference the sources in the writing, but do not use the letter. Refer to the source by title or by who wrote it.
6. The final design has to include the following:
a. A title
b. At least 3 subtitles. No more than 5.
c. At least 1 image/chart. No more the 3.
d. 10-12 Times New Roman or Arial Font because this is a print job.
e. Quarter inch margins may be used.
7. This is going to count as a DBQ grade.
8. When you are finished turn in your discussion organizer and your writing organizer as well. I am grading all 3.