1. If you did not finish coloring your gaining ground maps then they are due tomorrow at the beginning of class. (2/26)
2. The geography HW is due on Monday (2/29). This includes the Regions Map and the general geographic features map that you need to label. You only need to color the Regions map. The general geographic features map you only need to label and DO NOT COLOR.
3. The Andrew Jackson Blog Posts are due on Sunday @ midnight.
Your blog needs to include:
Andrew Jackson Blog Posts Final Project
The following must be in your Blog to receive full credit:
2. 1 review post linking to someone else’s article in this class. (400-600 words) (20 Summative Pts)
3. Photos that you either took yourself or ones you took from another website. Please, cite those that you took from another site. (When blogging taking your own pictures is helpful so you do not infringe on any copyrights.)
4. Paste link to your blog in the google doc on classroom. (You may use the one you created for media last year.)
5. All content must be accurate and reflect the learning conducted in the research and in class over the last week and also must take a position and have a thesis statement for each one.
6. Each blog post must have links to your other articles so you can maximize your SEO and keep people reading on your blog. (Remember to create a web that your reader does not want to leave.)
7. You must have an archive link at the top of your page that has all of the links to your posts so people can find the posts easily.
Andrew Jackson Blog Post Prompts
Below are a set of prompts that you are to use for your blog articles. You are to select 3 of the following prompts to answer as posts. Each article should be 700 to 900 words. If you go over that is ok, just remember your time is limited in class to write these. You will be given two class days. All final articles will be due on Sunday @ midnight.
- Was Andrew Jackson a “Man of the People?” Explain.
- Should Andrew Jackson be on the $20 bill and celebrated? Explain.
- Explain Andrew Jackson’s leadership style and the legacy it might have left on the Presidency. Should this style be something other presidents should emulate?
- Was Andrew Jackson a patriot? Explain.
- Discuss AJ’s childhood. How did his childhood shape who he was and his legacy?
- What is AJ’S Legacy on American politics? How is his legacy still worth us today?
- AJ has been called “...a most law defying, law obeying citizen.” What does that statement mean in regards to how AJ lived his life and our understanding of his legacy today?
- How democratic was AJ? Explain.
- What precedents did AJ set as a political leader? Have any presidents attempted to emulate these precedents in today’s Presidency? (Think econ, social policy, political strategy, campaign strategy, etc)
- Compare the elections of 1824, 1828, and 1832 to the modern day race. Are there any similarities to the race we are witnessing right now? Were there any lessons that stand out from these two elections that could be useful to the candidates today?