Against Common Core
Questions to Consider
Answer the following questions.
1. Provide a brief summary of the issue.
2. Explain how the concept of federalism is evident in this issue.
3. What do you think are the best arguments for state/local government to retain control over education.
4. What do you think are the best arguments for the federal government to make about how its powers apply in this case?
5. What position would you take on this issue? Is it the right of the federal or state governments to make a decision on this issue? Why?